RedmondPie.com found out how to turn your iPod touch and iPhone into an iPad with a could of applications. It really makes it like the iPad, without the 10 inch screen (obviously). I really like the iPad’s UI, so I tried it out myself. This requires you to jailbreak your device.
How to do it:
- Winterboard app via Cydia
- “Simple iPad Theme” via Cydia
- MakeItMine app via Cydia to Change the Carrier logo to iPad. More details here.
- Shrink app via Cydia to reduce the size of all the icons on the springboard. (Payed, $0.99)
- ProSwitcher via Cydia for Multitasking. More details here.
- NYTimes – The New York Times app for iPhone via App Store
- Classics – The iBooks lookalike app for iPhone via App Store
- Kindle for iPhone via App Store